Our school uniform helps united us as a school family and sets high expectations and standards within school therefore all children are expected to wear our school uniform.
We are mindful of the costs and so while there are some complusory elements to our uniform, some parts can be purchased from a wider range of suppliers, reducing the overall costs.
Here is a list of our school uniform:
- Red or green sweatshirts or cardigans with the school logo are compulsory. They are available from Uniformity on Town Street.
- Long grey school trousers for boys and girls – not jogger bottoms or fashion trousers please.
- Grey schoolskirts may be worn.
- White shirts may be worn with a green and red striped school tie, or if you wish, a white polo T-shirts can be worn. It is not complusory to have the school logo on the white polo shirt so plain ones can be found in a range of shops. If you would like to have the logo on the white polo shirt they can be purchased from Uniformity on Town Street.
- Plain, black, sensible SHOES must be worn as trainers are for PE only.
In the summer term there are added options that can be worn as the school uniform:
- Plain traditional type shorts, in grey may be worn.
- Gingham dresses in red or green may be worn.
Dress for P.E. and Games.
For inside activities boys and girls wear:
- Plain white tops and black shorts are our standard P.E. kit
- Trainers or pumps must be worn if it is country dance or keep fit; trainers are preferred as they provide better support.
- Bare feet should be the norm in gymnastics and creative dance. Verrucas can be covered with a plaster unless, so numerous, pumps are the only answer.
For outside activities boys and girls should wear:
- Plain white tops and black shorts.
- Trainers must be worn for all outdoor P.E. sessions.
- Tracksuits are required as if the weather is cold the children will still be outside unless the weather is really poor. Children can wear their own tracksuits; there is a school tracksuit which is a plain black one with the school logo on it. This is available from Uniformity on Town Street, and Frank Harrison as is the rest of the uniform but it is your choice if you wish to purchase one.
Footwear for PE and Games should be suitable for the conditions:
Trainers for wet grass and field sports,
Trainers for hard surfaces or drier grass conditions,
Trainers or pumps are worn for Country Dancing.
Children are expected to wear SHOES at school and trainers for P.E. Sandals in summer are fine.
These, as well as the rest of the uniform, are available from Uniformity on Town Street. Please label all uniform as we have the potential to find a pile of 200 unmarked jumpers on a hot day!